Leo Vieira great guard passing seminar at World Masters. Some of the amazing tips Leo gave during the seminar:
- Be on your toes when passing guard: speed, ability to stand up easily and to drive forward and use your weight on your opponent without losing balance.
- guard passing is about balance.
- Balance more important then grips, people usually focus too much on grips
- how to be comfortable in position even if your opponent has a grip on you
- it’s challenging to be on top especially today
- Usual mistakes in guard passing is not the way how people pass but more when people pass
- find best opportunities to pass when your opponent has to move and cant rest
- focus on legs there are more dangerous for you (breaking the balance, sweeping)