“Natural Gymnastics” or “Ginsastica Natural” in the Portuguese language is a physical exercise that was developed by Professor Alvaro Romano in Brazil. Alvaro is a world-fitness leader and educator and he came up with Ginastica Natural considering the outdoor physical lifestyle that held. All his physical activities were outdoors, including Jiu Jitsu and surfing. Therefore, to match this outdoors lifestyle, the idea of Ginastica Natural came into being.
Ginastica Natural – What it is
According to professor Alvaro, the ground movements of Ginastica Natural are quite similar to the techniques of Jiu Jitsu including stretching , flexibility, and breathing techniques. He adapted both ancient and modern techniques to create this unique training method for both men and women. Combining physical strength, balance, power, endurance, durability, coordination, and flexibility, Ginastica Natural possesses all these natural physical qualities to improve performance. It is a complete body weight training method that helps one learn more about one’s body and how it functions. Since professor Alvaro designed the method of Ginastica Natural considering his experience in Jiu Jitsu, it is a perfect method for fighters. The various combinations of movements in Alvaro’s Ginastica Natural are great for physical fights.
Professor Alvaro states that the idea of creating a method of preparation of physical fights was already in his mind when he started college. He used to apply it in both his training and athletic activities. Alvaro currently works with a number of physiotherapists and holds numerous certificates for Ginastica Natural. His training techniques have been widely used by the Jiu Jitsu community. The famous practitioners are Rickson Gracie, Vitor Belfort, Anderson Silva, Xande Ribeiro and many others. Moreover, Alvaro’s son, Raphael Romano who is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, is the director of education of Ginastica Natural. He coaches some of the most famous athletes of MMA, Jiu Jitsu, and surfing.
BJJ world champion, Gilbert Durinho, is also a devoted Ginastica Natural practitioner. Regarding his experience with this method, he said that it really helped him with Jiu Jitsu and then transitioning to MMA. He spoke about how great the exercise makes him feel before and after his training. Also, he added that he actively uses all the movements that he learns through Ginastica Natural during his fights. He likes to mix all the movements until ending up on his feet, which is the best part about it, according to him.
Benefits of Ginastica Natural
- This method helps with the prevention of injuries. It has been tested in several athletes in their training. It also helps patients recovering from illness or surgery.
- With the help of special trainings, it can also help with the prevention of obesity.
- It results in muscle tone, weight loss, and core stability.
- provides excellent progress in mental and motor control through its breathing techniques.
- It helps the practitioner learn to make their body move better, more flexibly and fluidly.
- For people who don’t have the opportunity to train Jiu Jitsu with a partner, they can simply train themselves with Ginastica Natural to help with their body flexibility and movements.
- It greatly builds up and improves one’s endurance through the breathing techniques.
- It is also known to improve speed.
- This method does not require any equipment; you get to train using your bodyweight only.
- It also helps with physical recovery and contributes to the overall wellbeing and quality of life of an individual.
- The method can be learned with the help of Instructor Training courses, online training, DVD workouts etc.
- It can be practiced in both open-air and closed environments.
As it seems, Ginastica Natural is a total game changer when it comes to physical training.With a research history of thirty years, it is recognized worldwide as a workout program that caters to everyone including beginners and pro athletes. It has the potential to improve one’s flexibility, movements, and strength. Especially for people who practice MMA and BJJ, Ginastica Naural can totally revolutionize their training. Regardless of your age, weight, or skill level, you can bring about a healthy change in your life by making Ginastica Natural part of your daily exercise routine. So far, this training method has been introduced in twenty-seven countries.